The NAQCC June 2020 Field Day Challenge
All challenge info such as rules are now in the hands of Gary K1YAN. Email him with any questions in that regard at .
The results on this page are the responsibility of Hap K7HAP. Email him with any questions in that regard at .
The annual FD Challenge is one of our most popular challenges according to the number of logs submitted. Work at least the required number of ARRL/RAC Contest Sections during field day, either from your home station or portable from the field.
As in the ARRL FD Rules.
!! NOTE : THIS CHALLENGE INCLUDES RULE CHANGES MADE IN 2017. PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW TO BE SURE YOU ARE UP TO DATE. !!
1. You must use QRP or QRPp power. The other station may use any power. You may use any type of antenna.
2. If you are part of a multi-op FD station, no matter what call sign is used, even if it is your own, only the QSOs MADE BY YOU PERSONALLY at QRP or QRPp power count.
3. ARRL Field Day rules govern all aspects of the contest for purposes of this challenge, except as noted.
4. Entities to be counted are the ARRL/RAC Contest Sections used for the FD exchange, not US States. The ARRL/RAC Contest Sections, which include US States, Canadian Provinces, Puerto Rico (PR), Virgin Islands (VI) and DX ( a single entity consisting of any country aside from those just mentioned ), are listed below.
5. The DX entity may be counted ONLY ONCE regardless of how many different DX countries you work.
6. A number of states and provinces have multiple contest sections. Each section counts toward your total worked. For example: New Jersey has southern NJ, SNJ, and northern NJ, NNJ. Each counts toward your total.
ARRL/RAC CONTEST SECTIONS:
W1 CT EMA ME NH RI VT WMA
W2 ENY NLI NNJ NNY SNJ WNY
W3 DE EPA MDC WPA
W4 AL GA KY NC NFL SC SFL WCF TN VA PR VI
W5 AR LA MS NM NTX OK STX WTX
W6 EB LAX ORG SB SCV SDG SF SJV SV PAC
W7 AZ EWA ID MT NV OR UT WWA WY AK
W8 MI OH WV
W9 IL IN WI
W0 CO IA KS MN MO NE ND SD
VE MAR NL QC ONN ONS ONE GTA MB SK AB BC NT
A certificate and Participation Point go to everyone who works at least 30 ARRL Contest Sections, either from home or portable in the field, and submits their results before the deadline.
A Participation Point goes to everyone who works at least 10, but not 30 or more ARRL Contest Sections, either from home or portable in the field, and submits their results before the deadline.
You can get only 1 challenge Participation Point this month even if you participate in both the Field Day and the normal June challenges.
If you work all Continental US sections OR all VE sections we'll send you a NAQCC FD CLEAN SWEEP certificate. Make all contacts at QRPp power, 1 watt or less, and get a QRPp endorsement. For the US certificate only, there are endorsements for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands and DX sections. Submit a statement that you have worked the required contacts and for a QRPp endorsement the maximum power used to make the required contacts. You may use both QRP and QRPp power during the contest as long as all the required contacts for a QRPp endorsement are established and completed at 1 watt or less. Contacts for this certificate are only from the current year contest and do not accumulate from year to year. There are no antenna restrictions for this award. NOTE: THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT THE REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR THIS CERTIFICATE IS THE SAME AS THE CHALLENGE SUBMITTAL DEADLINE (see LOGS section below).
If you work all 50 states, we'll send you an NAQCC WAS certificate. For the WAS certificate, you must have used only simple wire antennas. See the awards page for details.
If you work all 8 Canadian provinces, we'll send you an NAQCC WAVE certificate. For the WAVE certificate, you must have used only simple wire antennas. See the awards page for details.
For your report, just tell us the number of ARRL/RAC Contest Sections worked and list them alphabetically by their abbreviations using the format shown below. Also tell us if you worked from HOME or PORTABLE so we may put you in the correct category.
[Your call] [space] [total sections claimed] [space] [alphabetical list of sections worked, single spaced]
Example: K1YAN 6 EMA KS LA MI ND WV
There should be no special formatting, no extra characters like commas, hyphens etc. Only plain text in a horizontal format with no tabs and single spaces between items.
Please preface any soapbox comments with "SOAPBOX:" so we will know what you want posted and what is private.
Send your results to:
E-mail: (You must type that address into your email program.)
Subject must read: (your call) NAQCC (month) Challenge
For example: K3WWP NAQCC June FD Challenge
All entries must be received before the 10th of the following month at 2400Z.
Portable: Home:All the above get a certificate and participation point.
All below get only a participation point.
Not eligible for a certificate or participation point for the following reason(s):
@ = Non-member
$ = QRO power